How do I serve a witness an Illinois Supreme court notice 237

Chicago, IL |

I am suign a contractor of damages to my house. He retained an attorney and I want to make sure he comes to court as witness. I am go Pro Se and need to know how to properly serve his attorney and notify the court.

Serve the 237 notice on opposing counsel. There is no form. You will need to draft your own. Go to a law library and look at examples.

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

Service is proper by U.S. mail or personally on the attorney. You are being outlawyered. Hire counsel if at all possible.

Mail it to the attorney at the address on the appearance. File original and one copy with the court.

Thanks for your quick responce, but I am not sure which from I fill out. There are examples of how to fill out the motion, I am just not sure which form to fill out. A follow up to this would be: he filed a motion to dismiss coming up next week. Can I just serve his lawyer with the 237 notice at the motion hearing ? Thanks in advance, Peter

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes