Skip to main content

How do i send in immigration fees with forms?

West Palm Beach, FL |

Hi, i have completed all my forms I-130 , I-485, I-786 and the medical. Can i buy money orders at money gram? I saw that USCIS accepts money orders. Thanks

Attorney Answers 4

  1. write a check, make it payable to USCIS and attach to the form. Keep separate checks for each form's fee.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. You can pay with a money order. Make it payable to the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security as instructed on the forms.

    [This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]

  3. yes, you could pay with a money order or a personal check. since you are filing the I-130 together with the I-485 bundle, you are going to have two seperate filing fees. I would use two seperate money order or personal checks. if you decide to go for the money order and they don't give you one for $1070 you could split that fee into two money orders without a problem. make them out to USCIS and staple them to your applications. good luck.

  4. I suggest money orders, since a payment with a check will be treated as a EFT. They should be made out to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security". You have to make sure that it is spelled out like that or it will be returned.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics