How do I response to an objection to the Petition for Appointment of Guardianship and Conservatorship of my father?

Asked over 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

Also, I need to disclose photos as evidence to the court, how or what should the language say on the legal form? Where can I get an copy so I can get an idea?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jeannette Woods

    Contributor Level 5


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It appears from your question that you filed the petition and someone else has objected. If this is the case, you would need to address each allegation (or statement), in the objection. You should be aware, however, that if your case has in fact become contested (by someone filing an objection) the assistance of an experienced attorney would be invaluable. This is the kind of case we handle at Decker & Woods. We have over twenty-five years of experience handling guardianship/conservatorship matters.

    This response is designed for general information only based on the facts provided. The answer given here... more
  2. Kelly Scott Davis


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . If you were concerned enough about your father to petition for guardianship, you should be concerned enough to do it right and hire an attorney. Since he is the one who would benefit from the guardianship, the courts generally allow the guardian's attorney fees to be paid. Don't try to do this on your own to save a few dollars. Contact Attorney Woods.

  3. Charles Adam Shultz

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sorry for being so blunt, but the way you respond is getting an attorney. I applaud you for trying to do this on your own and getting the ball started but since there are now objections, your situation will quickly become complicated. This board cannot walk you through the rules of evidence and procedure. In addition, what is in the objections is very relevant and would affect any advice given.

    Please contact an Elder Law attorney immediately.

    The general advice above does not constitute an attorney-client relationship: you haven't hired me or my firm or... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,622 answers this week

3,359 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,622 answers this week

3,359 attorneys answering