How do I respond to summons for a mechanic lien that has an incorrect amount and is being paid off?

Asked 9 months ago - Bridgton, ME

Since the summons more than half has been paid and the remainder is going to be paid over the next month.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Anthony K Ferguson


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . File an answer with the court. Deny that you owe the amount claimed. Deny anything else that you disagree with or that you are unsure is true. I assume that you are making payments through the attorney's office that filed the compaint. If not, you should be. When you have paid what is owed, which likely will include the court filing fee and the sheriff's fee for service you, the attorney will dismiss the complaint. You also want to make sure that the attorney files a dismissal of the notice of lien filed in the Registry of Deeds.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,879 answers this week

3,305 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,879 answers this week

3,305 attorneys answering