How do I resolve a Balance dispute with an Auto lender? I want Title, they are inflating payoff amount.

North Hollywood, CA |

I bought a used car and a service Contract in August 2011. The vehicle was financed.
The vehicle service contact was canceled less than 30 days after purchase, and I have written confirmation that cancelation was received.
Only $500. of $1695. contract was refunded with in 30 days of cancelation, the interest continued to add up for months before they credited most of the refund...
Now I want the Title, but they are quoting an amount that includes interest and non refunded service contract.
Please note, The car Dealership, Finance Company, and VSC company are all owned by the same family.
How do I get them to release the Title for what I actually owe ?
Help!!

1. It sounds like you're going to need a consumers rights attorney to look at the issues.

If you find an answer helpful please mark it as such or as the Best Answer. You have asked us to state an opinion based upon stated facts. You have not provided us with any documents, pictures, witness statements or other admissible evidence. The opinions stated are based upon general principles of law unless otherwise stated, which may or may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Controlling law is also subject to change or reversal at any time. Any such changes may be retroactive and could significantly modify the statements and opinions expressed herein. Similarly, any change in the facts and assumptions upon which this opinion is based could modify the conclusions. We opine only as to matters expressly set forth, no opinions should be inferred as to other matters or to treatment of matters not specifically addressed. This opinion represents our best judgment as to the probable outcome of the issues discussed and is not binding on the courts or upon your adversaries. We can give no assurance that an adversary would not challenge our conclusions and prevail in the courts in a manner to cause adverse consequences. With respect to some of the matters discussed in the opinion, existing legal precedent may provide very little legal guidance. Although the opinions and views expressed are based on our best interpretations of existing law and what we believe a court would probably conclude if presented with the applicable issues, we can give no assurance that our interpretations would be followed if the issues became the subject of judicial or administrative proceedings. Realization of certain benefits described is subject to the risk that someone may challenge the treatment and that a court may sustain the challenge. Because you may bear the burden of proof required to establish a fact, the opinions expressed assume the you will undertake the effort and expense to present fully the case in support of any matter that you have asserted and an opponent might challenge. None of the advice provided here may be used to avoid tax liability, interest or penalties. If you want that level of assurance you will need employ us to perform the due diligence necessary to explore the facts and law applicable to your specific circumstances. I provide answers here to allow people to see the issue spotting, solution proposals, style of communication and analysis I may apply to factual statements.

2. If they cheated you, which it sounds like they did, as they need to give you a full refund within 30 days and a pro rata refund after 30 days, they have violated about 5 consumer protection laws which all require that they pay your atty fees. Feel free to contact my office for a free document review this week.

http://www.CaLemons.com

Lemon law topics