How do I resolve a Balance dispute with an Auto lender? I want Title, they are inflating payoff amount.

Asked over 1 year ago - North Hollywood, CA

I bought a used car and a service Contract in August 2011. The vehicle was financed.
The vehicle service contact was canceled less than 30 days after purchase, and I have written confirmation that cancelation was received.
Only $500. of $1695. contract was refunded with in 30 days of cancelation, the interest continued to add up for months before they credited most of the refund...
Now I want the Title, but they are quoting an amount that includes interest and non refunded service contract.
Please note, The car Dealership, Finance Company, and VSC company are all owned by the same family.
How do I get them to release the Title for what I actually owe ?
Help!!

1. Scott Richard Kaufman

2

Answered . If they cheated you, which it sounds like they did, as they need to give you a full refund within 30 days and a pro rata refund after 30 days, they have violated about 5 consumer protection laws which all require that they pay your atty fees. Feel free to contact my office for a free document review this week.

http://www.CaLemons.com

2. Clayton Harold Walker Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . It sounds like you're going to need a consumers rights attorney to look at the issues.