How do i request that USCIS notify the US consulate abroad of a pending I 130 petition?

Asked over 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

I am filing a I 130 petition for my wife. We both live in Belgium at the moment. Where do i send the I 130 form? The US of Belgium? and how do i notify the US consulate in Belgium of our pending petition?

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

7

Answered . The application and mailing instructions are very clear from the USCIS website.

2. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

5

Answered . The US. you used to be allowed to file in the foreign country if the US citizen petitioner was legally residing there, but that rule changed not long ago. You don't notify the consulate. The government does so. I think it would help you to have an attorney who knows all the different steps and what happens when.

3. Pradeek Susheelan

Pro

6

Answered . While it used to be possible to file I 130 in Belgium this is no longer the case, as there is no USCIS office in Belgium. You need to file at the Chicago lock box http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/immigra...

On question 22. On the I-130 you will indicate Belgium as the designated consulate.

Please consult with a family immigration attorney

4. Karen-Lee Pollak

4

Answered . You file in Chicago