How do I request a release of lien from Medicare?

Colorado Springs, CO |

No attorney will take my case because, as one actually said, it is just two small a case and is not worth their time.

1. There are a lot of attorneys here on Avvo who are hungry for clients and willing to work on small cases. You need to use the Find A Lawyer tool in Colorado Springs. I know Brian Boal takes a lot of interesting and challenging case on. If he feels it is outside of his area of knowledge, he will refer you to someone who is familiar with this area. It is not that we are not trying to help. It is just unusual to have a Medicare lien.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

2. You need to provide more details. Do you have a WC claim? Did Medicare pay some of the bills for your WC claim creating a lien? Does Medicare want to be paid back by the WC carrier? These are the types of facts you need to provide.

This response is meant to be information only and should not be considered to be legal advice. This information is not meant and should not be construed to be the formation of an attorney client relationship. I practice Virginia Workers compensation law and Social Security Disability law.

3. There is no such thing. Medicare NEVER releases its subrogation interest. The will be happy to tell you how much you owe them (though it will take 6 months to get an answer). Just call CMS.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: CJCandiano@CandianoLaw.com http://www.CandianoLaw.com