How do I request a release of lien from Medicare?

Asked 12 months ago - Colorado Springs, CO

No attorney will take my case because, as one actually said, it is just two small a case and is not worth their time.

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

2

Answered . There are a lot of attorneys here on Avvo who are hungry for clients and willing to work on small cases. You need to use the Find A Lawyer tool in Colorado Springs. I know Brian Boal takes a lot of interesting and challenging case on. If he feels it is outside of his area of knowledge, he will refer you to someone who is familiar with this area. It is not that we are not trying to help. It is just unusual to have a Medicare lien.

2. Gerald Gregory Lutkenhaus

3

Answered . You need to provide more details. Do you have a WC claim? Did Medicare pay some of the bills for your WC claim creating a lien? Does Medicare want to be paid back by the WC carrier? These are the types of facts you need to provide.

3. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

3

Answered . There is no such thing. Medicare NEVER releases its subrogation interest. The will be happy to tell you how much you owe them (though it will take 6 months to get an answer). Just call CMS.