Skip to main content

How do i reqlinquish temporary custody of my daughter for military?

Lake Mary, FL |

Im enlisting in the army and as a single parent i have to reliquish temporary custody of my daughter?! how do i do this? are there forms online?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. I suggest that you meet with an estate planning attorney to prepare the necessary documents to protect you and your daughter. This is not something you want to try to do yourself with online forms. You do not want to have ineffective documents while you are overseas.

  2. Also, check with the recruiter. They will tell you what will be acceptable, especially in connection with a care plan.;; 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. Speak with your recruiter- they will have access to all the forms you need. Additionally, I would not sign anything involving custody of a child without having an attorney review it first. Good luck.

  4. There are some statutory considerations that may be of benefit regarding the military and concurrent custody.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics