How do I report perjury in Virginia?

Manassas, VA |

I just found out that someone drove drunk a few months back after a night of clubbing. She was in the car alone that night and stopped her vehicle in the middle of a neighborhood and got out stumbling across people's lawns and knocked on doors at 2am. Someone called the police to whom she told that another friend drove her and that other friend was searching for help as well. She got that friend to testify to this in court when her court date came up. How do I report this? To whom? Though they both live in Manassas, I believe this happened closer to DC (though not in DC).

If you believe you have evidence that a person has perjured them self, contact the commonwealth attorney's office in the jurisdiction where the perjury occurred and let them decide whether to proceed with charges.

The information provided herein is intended solely for educational purposes and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please contact a local attorney for assistance with your matter.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI