How do I report my sister-in-law harrassing me with threating messages over Facebook?

When i stopped replying to her , she began to post outragous lies about me and my son regarding illegal drug use on her page using our full names. I have blocked her, but the damage is done and she continues to post vulgar messages concerning me. Am I in my legal right to file a charge against her in the state of MS?

Ocean Springs, MS -

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

Internet Lawyer - Hillsdale, MI

If she made threats of harm, that is a crime and you can report that to the police. If she defamed you (and that is a complex deterimination) you can sue her. To see if there is a basis for a lawsuit, see an attorney. You say "the damage is done." What damage, exactly. Do you really thing anyone anywhere believed her at all?

Related Advice