How do I report my sister-in-law harrassing me with threating messages over Facebook?

Asked about 2 years ago - Ocean Springs, MS

When i stopped replying to her , she began to post outragous lies about me and my son regarding illegal drug use on her page using our full names. I have blocked her, but the damage is done and she continues to post vulgar messages concerning me. Am I in my legal right to file a charge against her in the state of MS?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Barry Franklin Poulson

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If she made threats of harm, that is a crime and you can report that to the police. If she defamed you (and that is a complex deterimination) you can sue her. To see if there is a basis for a lawsuit, see an attorney. You say "the damage is done." What damage, exactly. Do you really thing anyone anywhere believed her at all?

    We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,938 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,938 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering