How do I renew my deferred action status? My status expires in September of 2014, but I wanna make sure to do it in time.

Fort Worth, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

I've had deferred action status for over a year now and thankfully I have a really good job. My employer wants to make sure I am processing my employment authorization permit in a timely fashion. Please advise on the renewal process with time specifications. Also, how many times can I renew my deferred action status?

No one knows. President Obama will probably make a statement about this sometime in 2014.

Please see

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration