How do I remove my 17 year old abusive son out of the home legally?

Ontario, CA |

My husbands son is 17 & will be 18 in 6 months. My husband wants to throw his son out of our home due to his defiant behavior as well as him breaking into our room, stealing from us, using pot, being distructive to our property and verbally abusive to me. I have tried calling his mother and other relatives for assistance, but due to this childs behavior, no one wants anything to do with him and I am afraid we will be held financially responsible if he commits any crimes while still a minor. How can we legally remove him from the home without any financial repruccions from truancy courts or juvenile courts?

For the next six months your options are not great because reporting your stepson to the police will likely get Child Protective Services involved. Juvenile delinquency system has no incentive to get him out. They usually try to keep the child in the home. Once he turns 18 you can file unlawful detainer (eviction).

Landlord-tenant topics