How do I remove a second loan off my credit report after a house went into foreclosure?

Whittier, CA |

My house went into foreclosure 8 years ago and the second loan taken out from Wells Fargo is still remaining. How do I petition this to be removed. Is there a standard form letter to submit? This still effects our credit score.

1. Need more facts. Is the date of default more than 8 years ago on the second loan as well? If that is the case, from the very limited facts given, this account should have already dropped off your credit report. You simply need to dispute this with the credit bureaus. Identify the account in your letter, and inform them that the account went into default more than 7 years ago, if that is in fact the case. The addresses are as follows:

Transunion
    PO Box 2000
    Chester, PA 19022-2000

Equifax Information Service, LLC
    PO Box 740256
    Atlanta, GA 30374

Experian
    PO Box 9701
    Allen, TX 75013

2. The foreclosure of a mortgage loan does not have the effect of removing the loan from the borrower's credit file. And, it may be that the second loan survived the foreclosure and remains active.

3. If the first foreclosed, you still owe the second mortgage.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising. Liewen Law is fully compliant with every State and Federal Law, including California SB 94 and the related Civil Code Sections, as well as the FTC Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) Final Rule. Liewen Law is a debt relief agency helping consumers file for bankruptcy relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code. Liewen Law maintains this website for marketing and informational purposes only. None of the information or materials on this site is legal advice. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Said information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While we make every effort to keep this site accurate and up to date, we do not guarantee its accuracy and are not responsible for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions.

4. When was the foreclosure sale completed? If it has been more than 7 years since the foreclosure and the bank never filed a lawsuit against you, you may be able to get this removed from your credit report.