How do I remove a second loan off my credit report after a house went into foreclosure?

Asked 12 months ago - Whittier, CA

My house went into foreclosure 8 years ago and the second loan taken out from Wells Fargo is still remaining. How do I petition this to be removed. Is there a standard form letter to submit? This still effects our credit score.

1. Justin Drayton Graham

1

Answered . The foreclosure of a mortgage loan does not have the effect of removing the loan from the borrower's credit file. And, it may be that the second loan survived the foreclosure and remains active.

2. Daniel Tam

Pro

2

Answered . Need more facts. Is the date of default more than 8 years ago on the second loan as well? If that is the case, from the very limited facts given, this account should have already dropped off your credit report. You simply need to dispute this with the credit bureaus. Identify the account in your letter, and inform them that the account went into default more than 7 years ago, if that is in fact the case. The addresses are as follows:

Transunion
    PO Box 2000
    Chester, PA 19022-2000

Equifax Information Service, LLC
    PO Box 740256
    Atlanta, GA 30374

Experian
    PO Box 9701
    Allen, TX 75013

3. Antoinette Cara Liewen

Answered . If the first foreclosed, you still owe the second mortgage.

4. Clifford Sculley Bordeaux

Pro

Answered . When was the foreclosure sale completed? If it has been more than 7 years since the foreclosure and the bank never filed a lawsuit against you, you may be able to get this removed from your credit report.