How do I remove a monthly mortgage payment on a foreclosure from 2007?

Asked about 2 years ago - 93657

I have a 2 different mortgage companies reporting the same information on my tri-merge credit report (AMC Mortgage services and Citi Residential) with the same mortgage account number and open date (March 2006). The difference is that the loan was originally serviced by AMC Mortgage and then lost it in foreclosure, then Citi Residential took over. Citi Residential date of last activity was July 2007 and AMC was May 2007. My issue is that Citi Residential who last had the loan is not reporting a balance due, monthly payment or past due amount; AMC on the other hand is reporting a balance due, montly payment and past due amount. This is affecting how all three bureaus report my debt to income ratio. Any suggestions?

I received I.R.S Form 1099-A, Acquisition or Abandonment of Secured Property, from Citi Residential in 2008 for said mortgage.

1. Deborah Ann Stencel

2

1

Answered . Whenever there is an error on your credit report, you should use the credit reporting agency's dispute procedure to clear it up. Write to the agency which has the incorrect info and provide any supporting documentation.

There are sample letters and an outline of the dispute process available on the Federal Trade Commission website (www.ftc.gov).

Good luck!

2. Keith Adam Halpern

Answered . You have to get with an attorney right away to see if that 1099 is valid as well. Title 15 USC 1641 of the Federal Statutes governs Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and your state may have individual adoptions of this language. I would demand strict proof of this debt from the party filing that on your credit report.