How do i remove a lien on my personal property

Asked over 1 year ago - North Las Vegas, NV

electrical company who placed a lien on my property is no longer doing business in Nevada, also the company was not licensed to do business in the city of North Las Vegas or Clark County at the time the electrical service was provided. A 15 min job, installing an electrical plug outlet box, was billed for $400.00.I offered to pay $200.00 but my offer was refused.

1. Frank Perez

1

1

Answered . If you are trying to sell or refinance your property a recorded lien can cause problems. It is not clear from your post when the lien was recorded, or if the company ever filed suit. If it is a mechanical lien, there are requirements which must be met for the lien to be valid (for example licensed contractor/timely filing). An attorney could review the documents an provide you advice on how to proceed.