How do i regain custody `

Asked over 2 years ago - Union City, NJ

my sons father went to court and obtained emergency custody of my son by telling the judge he didnt know where i was which is provably false.

1. Laura Ruvolo Lipp

Pro

4

Answered . This is going to be very complicated and you really need to work with a lawyer on this before the situation gets more out of hand.

2. David Perry Davis

4

Answered . Any such order would have been granted on an emergency basis and would be subject to re-evaluation when you appear. However, as has been said,

As has been previously said on topics of this level of importance .... some questions here can be quickly, easily, and accurately answered. Others cry out for getting a professional legal opinion and a formal consultation with an attorney who specializes in Family Law. You're in that second category. Get a consult - even if you don't think you'll be able to afford counsel, you'll get advice that's superior to what's available here.

3. Yolanda Navarrete

3

Answered . There seems to be missing information here. I have an office in North Bergen and am familiar with moat of the family judges in Hudson County. They do not transfer custody unless there is a great deal of evidence, and especially not by emergency. I agree you need a formal legal consultation before things get worse.

4. Stuart M Nachbar

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with both of the attorneys who have responded. The Hudson Judges do not transfer custody without a good deal of proof. I strongly urge you to contact your attorney or perhaps one of the attorneys who have responded.

5. Carrie Susan Schultz

Pro

2

Answered . I also agree with the attorneys who have responded. If you would like a consultation, please contact my office. 201-880-9770.

Thank you.