How do I reduce the settlement amount to my bad therapist?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hawthorne, CA

I received a settlement letter for a car accident. This letter shows how much each doctor will be paid. When I was seeing the 1st doctor I asked him how much does he charge. He said it would be determined by the attorney. He does not deserve the amount the attorney came up with. This doctor did not help me in 5 months of therapy. I complained and my attorney sent me to another doctor. This 2nd doctor helped me in one month and deserve the amount in the settlement. Do I have any say-so as to how much the 1st doctor gets?

1. Kevin Coluccio

9

Answered . Talk with your attorney about your objection to the payment.

2. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes you can dispute the amount. If there is a lien signed with the doctor, then the attorney cannot just give you the money. You need to express your concern with the attorney and if you cannot reach a resolution the attorney can interplead (give) the money to the court and you and the doctor can go before the Court to decide the appropriate amount

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

8

Answered . The best way to "pay" your doctor back is let let others know your satisfaction. Your lawyer sounds like he/she is properly representing you.

4. Scott Douglas Camassar

8

Answered . You need to have a discussion with your lawyer about his/her reasons for the proposed distribution.

Pro

5

Answered . An attorney doesn't dictate doctor fees unless they are in cahoots.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com