How do I reduce my point moving violation for a stop sign to a non-point moving violation?

Asked over 2 years ago - Concord, CA

I ran a stop sign performing a rolling stop. I was distracted by some objects in the area and was not aware of the officer's location relative to me. I wanted to know the process on, and how to, reduce my point moving violation to a non-point moving violation. I already did traffic school about 7 months ago for a speeding ticket (75 in a 65 in Santa Cruz county) so I cant do that again. Should I plead guilty or non guilty to contest?

1. Hadi Edward Ramsey

2

Answered . You will have to speak to the police officer prior to your hearing and ask if he/she can reduce it to "disobeying signs" or similar. However, if you are not an attorney, they will ignore this request and you will lose. You will need an attorney to represent you.

Edward Ramsey, Esq.
    866-999-6640

2. Andrea R. Rogers

3

Answered . Hire a traffic law attorney to represent you in court to try and get the ticket amended to a non-moving, no-point infraction. The prosecutor will review your driving record prior to agreeing to reduce the charge, so there is no guarantee that your attorney will be successful, but that is your best option if you don't want additional points on your driving record.

3. Vincent Ronald Ross

1

Answered . The only traffic infractions that do not carry a point that I am aware of are seat belt and cell phone violations.

4. Chris J Feasel

1

Answered . How do you reduce it? Get an attorney to negotiate it. I handle traffic cases in Contra Costa County - feel free to contact my office for a free consultation to discuss your case.