How do I recover my costs for testing done for fauna meningitis ? would mental anguish also be possible ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Upper Sandusky, OH

I received two steroid shots from the batch of possibly tainted steroids . I was told to report to the Emergency Room for tests . There , I was told to make an appointment at a different hospital . The next day , I did get a spinal tap and thankfully the results were negative . How do I recover my expenses for the ER , the hospital , the Dr . and the lab work ? Also is there any chance that I would be elligable for compensation for the mental anguish that I went through during the weeks that followed the testing and the results ?

Pro

3

Answered . Yes, contact a local lawyer to investigate a claim. I'm glad you are OK.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Kevin Coluccio

1

Answered . You should consult with a local medical malpractice attorney. That is the only way you can determine whether or not you have a claim.

3. Joseph Jonathan Brophy

1

Answered . There are a great many claims now pending against the compounding pharmacy in MA that produced steroid solution contaminated with fungus. At the end of the day, they will never be able to pay all the damages to people who were seriously injured or killed. A relatively minor claim such as yours is liable to be uneconomical to handle. Best bet is to google for lawyers who are handling these cases for groups of plaintiffs. You might get something as a participant in a mass tort case.