Skip to main content

How do I qualify or file for a poor mans divorce in New York State?

Watertown, NY |

I cannot afford a divorce and need help. I've been separated from my spouse for 3 years now and want this over.

Attorney Answers 1


You can apply for poor person's status at your local New York courthouse. See the pamphlet linked below.

Mark as helpful

2 found this helpful

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics