How do I put my sons name on the deed of my house?what is the cost?

Asked over 4 years ago - Girard, PA

How do I go about this?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Andrew Daniel Myers

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you have a mortgage, you'll need to contact the mortgage company and likely refinance. However, it is not as easy as simply adding on a name and there are ramifications. I highly suggest that you consult with a real estate or estate planning attorney.

    This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,997 answers this week

3,122 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,997 answers this week

3,122 attorneys answering