How do i put money on an inates account so he can make calls to me

Winter Springs, FL |

I need help

Call the jail or the prison and ask them what their procedure is. This is really more of an administrative question than a legal question, and you just need to work through the frustrating bureaucracy at the jail to get to the right person to tell you. If you are having trouble, start with the office of the warden or the director and that person's assistant should be able to tell you who you need to talk to. You can usually locate the jail or prison online, and then just go to the contact information for the head honcho, and start there.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

In some jails and/or prisons, inmates actually have case managers who are assigned to work with them, and if you can find out who this person is, you can contact that person if you need information about how to deal with the system in relation to your inmate.

Try going to securustech.net. A lot of the court jails use this system.

I've never had to do this but I have had inmates call me and there is a recording asking if I want to set up an account so that my phone number will accept calls from this inmate - so perhaps have him call you and then just go through the process on the phone?

I would imagine if you ask at the jail, they can tell you the process.

This response is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney to fully discuss your issues.

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Now that you mention it, as an attorney to accept collect calls, I have had to set up an account for me, and put money on my account. I was thinking the asker was requesting info on how to put money into the inmates account, so the inmate can call out, which is a different process, where I agree, you would deal more directly with the jail.

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Unless they can only do it through an outside company...

Call the jail!