How do I put a witness I had subpoenaed "on call" and not lose jurisdiction on him/her if he/she doesn't show up?

Asked over 1 year ago - Woodland Hills, CA

What do I need to do to cover myself ? A letter ? e Mail ? Also , if the witness is ordered back for a second ya , do I pay another day witness fee ? Thanks .

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jeffrey David Bohn

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Your subpoena must be personally served on the witness. Then call him/her in order to arrange a time that will be convenient for him/her. If for whatever reason you don't get to that witness on that day, ask the judge to order him/her back the next day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,807 answers this week

3,115 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,807 answers this week

3,115 attorneys answering