Skip to main content

How do I push for prison time where there is a broken bone involved permanently moving my facial bone?

Lexington, MA |

Her lawyer wants to ask for a CWOF which is totally incomprehensible where she is totally guilty. Its definitely a charge of assault and battery. However, she only spent one night in jail for it so far since they didn't have any word of injuries at that time. How can I guarantee that judge wont buy her masquerade? What can I do to make a serious strong impact in regards to the seriousness of my injuries?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Make sure you speak with the Assistant District Attorneyhandling the case and let them know your feelings. With such an outspoken victim, like yourself, it's highly unlikely she'll get a CWOF.


As the victim of crime you have the right to make a victim impact statement to the judge before s/he decides the punishment. Also, you definitely should make your feelings known to the Assistant District Attorney assigned to your case. They usually take the victim's position quite seriously.

Attorney Lauren Craig Redmond ~ 617.953.6116 ~ No attorney/client relationship is established or implied by any email or phone conversation.


I"m sorry to inform you that the ADA really are motivated to make deals and move these cases off their desk. They are not likely to push for jail time, especially if she has no prior record. All you can do is give a victim impact statement to judge and hope for the best.

Visit us at or call (781) 816-3950 for a free consultation. We handle Criminal Defense and Divorce Law throughout Massachusetts. Located in Boston, Andover and Danvers, MA. - Cases involving Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, Theft, Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony, Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity, Juveniles, Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders.



she has a prior record...even an open case right now...


Speak to the victim/witness person in the DA's office.

henry lebensbaum, esq.

300 Brickstone Square, Ste 201

Andover, ma 01810

(978) 749-3606

I usually check email every few hours during the day.

(by appointment only)

PLEASE NOTE that: This is being sent via encrypted line, but

(1) e-mail communication is not a secure communication method; (2)
any e-mail sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various
computers as it goes from sender to recipient; (3) emails may be
intercept by persons improperly accessing your computer or my
computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us through
which the e-mail passes. I am e-mailing because you have agreed.
If you change your mind and want future communication to be sent in
a different mode, please advise me at once.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error. Any
review, dissemination distribution, or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.


As the assistant district attorney assigned to tjecase will be pressired bu a defense attorney from the first hearing, the seriousness of the offense will be determined by the details on the police report. If you have seen the report and it does not adequately represent the severity of your injury, you
Can provide the ADA with photos, X-ray and hospital report to show this was really bad. If there were witnesses, that will help as well. Every office of the district attorney has a staff
Of victim/witness advocates whose responsibility is to serve as your liaison, keeping you informed about the case and telling the ADA where you stand. Contact that person, learn her/his contact information, and make your stance known. Ultimately, however, the judge can accept or reject a plea, even if the ADA agrees to the terms.

Providing users with information is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. However, if in reading my response, you are interested in retaining me to represent you, please do not hesitate to contact me.


Make sure you are present to address the court as the victim of a violent attack. Also, make sure to bring your medical bills, as a court will order restitution as long as the injuries are as a result of the attack.

While a cwof appears to be getting off lightly, remember that she will have to admit to doing the attack and causing the injuries. The court will order restitution for the medical bills. Also remember, if she does not pay the restitution, she will be subject to a violation of probation; then the sentence could change to a guilty with more severe consequences.

Best of luck!

Valerie Semensi, Esq. @ 781.383.1940

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer