How do I prove in court in front of a judge that I was treated unfairly by a contractor?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rochester, NY

A stucco /manson performed work that failed before the first check cleared the bank. No contract was signed. I paid weekly. Final 4th week I held back $2700.00. Mason took me to small claims which was arbitrated. I made a counter claim for fo $5000.00. I held back $2700.00 because he overbilled me for labor and materials. I made a counter claim because a preservation consultant and three other masons showed me the failures. I have already paid them $9860 to date which they charge me $2793.43 for material for an area of two hundred and eighty sqare feet. I had all the invoices, photos, and material spec sheets and contractor showed no paperwork in the first court.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . You can testify about the other work you needed to have done and introduce their bills. It would be even better if one of them would give expert testimny.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

Answered . You failed to mention what the decision was. Schedule an appointment with a local experienced lawyer to assist you. Bring photos with you to court. Also, have an expert witness ready to testify vat the quality of work and the costs to correct the mistakes. You can also retain an attorney to represent you in small claims court.