How do I prove I did not in anyway tamper w my ankle monitor?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Richfield, ID

I have been wearing my ankle monitor for 4mos. I have wkly readings. They have been clean until recent. I had one wk where it stated I tampered w the monitor. Doesn't not show alcohol readings just tampering. I have in know way tampered w anything. I asked to have the monitor put on me. There is know way I would put myself in this position. Can it show false readings for some reason? What causes it and how do I prove I did not tamper in anyway? I'm getting my life back in order don't need a set back like this. Thank you for your help.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

3

8

Answered . I am sorry to hear that you are going through this. Most courts are going to understanding with situations like yours. I do not know how the particular machine works but your 4 months of good readings are going to go a long way to bolstering your credibility. I hope that things work out for you and wish you the best.

2. Douglas Holbrook

1

1

Answered . Every type of device has some built in margin error, but they are supposed to be free of false readings. It may be worth your while to contact the manufacturer to see what type of activities substances might cause the device to give a false indication.