How do I prove I did not in anyway tamper w my ankle monitor?

Richfield, ID |

I have been wearing my ankle monitor for 4mos. I have wkly readings. They have been clean until recent. I had one wk where it stated I tampered w the monitor. Doesn't not show alcohol readings just tampering. I have in know way tampered w anything. I asked to have the monitor put on me. There is know way I would put myself in this position. Can it show false readings for some reason? What causes it and how do I prove I did not tamper in anyway? I'm getting my life back in order don't need a set back like this. Thank you for your help.

1. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this. Most courts are going to understanding with situations like yours. I do not know how the particular machine works but your 4 months of good readings are going to go a long way to bolstering your credibility. I hope that things work out for you and wish you the best.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

2. Every type of device has some built in margin error, but they are supposed to be free of false readings. It may be worth your while to contact the manufacturer to see what type of activities substances might cause the device to give a false indication.