How do I prove I am being stalked? Police can never catch in the act? How do I get an antistalking order without them catching?

Asked about 2 years ago - Portland, OR

Ex and his friends are terrorizing me and my child in our home, while we go through divorce process. Police never catch them in act, by the time they get here, all the banging against our house, voices in our yard, letting air out of our tires, vandelizing yard etc, is over. Is there some law we can take to the police to stop this. have TRO but they say no proof its him. or that there is proof he sent people to bother me. even calls from his friends or sending people to the door dont count. how do we stop him? is there anything you guys can suggest? Is there a law against having people assist in harrassing someone even if they aren't doing it themselves?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jay Bodzin

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This question - or a very similar one - was just asked in another thread, so I will link you to that one:

    Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Each case is unique. You are... more
  2. Daniel Seth Williams


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hire a private investigator that is credentialed.

    Attorney Williams practices FAMILY LAW throughout the State of California and may be reached at (831) 233-3558 and... more

Related Topics

Criminal charges for domestic violence

Domestic violence is physically, sexually, emotionally, economically, or mentally abusive behavior used to control an intimate romantic partner.

Criminal charges for harassment

Harassment describes a variety of repetitive behaviors that threaten, disturb, or upset someone. Harassment includes unwanted sexual advances and stalking.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,610 answers this week

2,278 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,610 answers this week

2,278 attorneys answering