How do I protect myself from identity theft by my wife and can I prosecute on criminal charges for actions by her using my info?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tilton, NH

My wife has all my identifying info and has used it to open accounts in my name, she asserts that it is my responsibility to maintain her current standard of comfort even though she has filed against me and I now no longer live at my house. I am fearful she will continue such malicious acts.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. David Scott Carron

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . If she has filed for divorce, then that would likely be the best forum to deal with it. You can report her to the police for any actions she has taken, at any time.

    I would talk to an attorney about the divorce and what your options are.

Related Topics

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Criminal charges for fraud

Fraud is a white collar crime in which someone deceives another to secure unlawful or unfair benefits, such as financial or political gain.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,749 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,749 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering