How do I properly word a motion requesting a mental health evaluation before any more custody time for atypical reasons?

Nashua, NH |

He can present himself well and hold a job, but his judgment alarms me; he has been so negligent my 6 mo old has been returning hurt, but charmed everyone into thinking that it was all"harmless" incl basic medical needs as checking for a fever when he was told to watch for a fever especially, returning her confused with 103F fever,shes as safe as if she were all alone! His revenge for dumping him (refused to stop exposing baby to violence) was to lie on a court order, putting me and child on the street til the hearing, and using the order to also get me fired, and make my community believe I am nursing on heroin , announces in court he only sleeps2-3hrs a day; invol. commit to mental 4/21/13 have R/O protection & baby is not safe; he enjoys to cause&watch suffering, multiple suicide attemp

was abused as a child, had a baby with a minor 13 yrs ago (pays for the family health ins plan every year to cover himself legally, never gave the info to his ex or anyone so that his son could ever use it), when i discovered his father may be a child predator, asked him not to leave her alone with him til dcyf finished investigation, he threw it in my face, showed up to each child exchange with his father, taking her to his house every day since i dared tell him what to do or tried telling him no; he is phobic of the words "fault" and "blame"

1. If you are concerned for the safety of your child, you should consider submitting an ex parte motion to the Court requesting a temporary change to the parenting plan. To be clear, if you have reason to think your child is in danger, call the police.

Ex parte motions can be difficult to get granted on the first try. The Court will often schedule an expedited heating on the matter. You then have to convince the Court that there is an emergency warranting a change to the parenting plan.

Because of the difficulty involved in submitting ex parte motions, it would be a good idea to consult with a family law attorney. Please call my office for a free consultation.

Best wishes,

Chris Buck

This is an advertisement for legal services. No commentary on this website is intended to be legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created by using this site. Readers are encouraged to call Attorney Buck for a FREE 30-minute consultation at 603-476-3261, or seek a referral to an attorney by contacting the NH Bar Association at www.nhbar.org. Attorney Buck is online at http://cbucklegal.com.

2. Contact authorities if you believe the child is in immediate danger. Also, it makes sense to speak with a family law attorney as well to help you outline your options to take action.

3. You need an attorney. These issues are far to complicated to be able to walk you through the process via questions and answers on Avvo.

Disclaimer: This response is offered for educational purpose only. This response in no way creates an attorney-client relationship between Anna Goulet Zimmerman/Law Office of Manning & Zimmerman, PLLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided, and could be different if additional facts were known.

4. If you think your child will be in danger you need to take immediate action. If you believe that the current Parenting Order represents possible Irreparable harm to the child you should file an immediate ex parte (emergency) motion to modify the Parenting Order based on these, and possibly other, facts. However, it would be presumed that you informed the court of these situations and your concerns and it weighed this in making it's Order on parenting. Nevertheless, if you deem it necessary, you need to file this motion.

If you don't believe there will be Irreparable harm, then you can file a Motion For Reconsideration Of Parenting Order (depending on the date it issued), or a Motion To Modify Parenting Order - seeking a temporary halt of the court's Order pending the outcome of a mental health evaluation.

In either situation, you would best be served by working with an experienced Family Law Attorney. Given the state of your case I believe that you will not have the outcome that you desire without immediate assistance from an Attorney.

DISCLAIMER The information contained in the Family Legal Services, P.C. (herein referred to as A FAMILYLEGAL @ or the AFirm@) Web site is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject material. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue with an attorney licensed in the recipient=s state. The content of this Web site contains information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. FAMILYLEGAL expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this site. Any information sent to FAMILYLEGAL via Internet, e-mail or through the FAMILYLEGAL Web site is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis. The transmission of information on the FAMILYLEGAL site, in part or in whole, and/or communication with FAMILYLEGAL via e-mail through this site does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between FAMILYLEGAL and any recipients. The formation of an attorney-client relationship requires a consideration of multiple factors including possible conflicts of interest. Please do not convey to us any information you regard as confidential until a formal attorney-client relationship has been established. The Firm does not necessarily endorse, and is not responsible for, any third-party that may be accessed through this Web site. Permission is given for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the purposes of viewing on a personal computer. The contents of this site are protected by copyright and, apart from the permission stated, the reproduction, permanent storage, or retransmission of the contents of this site is prohibited without the prior written consent of FAMILYLEGAL. ATTORNEY ADVERTISING NOTICE FAMILYLEGAL is a regional legal services advertising and law firm management company. Jeffrey A. Runge is the President/CEO and is not licensed to practice in the states of Maine or Rhode Island. The Resident Partner in the state of Maine is Lynne Rocheleau. The Resident Partner in the state of Rhode Island is Sarah Rotz. Matter are handled by Attorneys who are licensed, or otherwise permitted, to practice law in the geographical areas and states services by FAMILYLEGAL. The Resident Partners and Attorneys affiliated with FAMILYLEGAL are experienced independent contractor attorneys. The Firm may have more than one Attorney work on any particular matter at its sole discretion. Prior Results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Price savings advertised are determined when compared to full price services in the same geographical area. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for Bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. The representation of being the “largest consumer Bankruptcy provider in New England” is based upon the independent Report issued by 722 Redemption Funding Quarterly report and/or the number of affiliated attorneys and/or the number of office locations. FAMILYLEGAL is a registered trademark of Family Legal Service, P.C., a New Hampshire professional Corporation. The contents of this Web site may contain attorney advertising under the laws of various states. If you have any questions concerning attorney advertising rules, please contact: Jeffrey A. Runge President/CEO FAMILYLEGAL 141 Airport Road Concord, NH 03301 Tel: 1.603.225.1114 Fax: 1.603.225.9993 ATTORNEY EXPERIENCE Experience described on some attorney biographies on this Web site may date from a time prior to when an individual lawyer joined FAMILYLEGAL.

Child custody topics