How do I proceed when I believe my mortgage company is committing fraud against me?

Asked over 4 years ago - Joliet, IL

In Oct. of 09 I paid $4000.00 in late fee's and past due mortgage cost. As of today 2-17-10, Bank of America's records still say I'm 4-6 months behind, it always changes. I have also paid every month's mortgage since 10-09 and they're not showing any of my payments. I have been in contact with them numerous times, and the say that they see the $4,000 payment, but don't know where it went. They asked me to obtain copies of the check and 3 mons. after Oct.09. to make sure the money was not recredited to my account, it has not. I did that. I will save a copy for myself and feel that I need an attorney to straighten this thing out. I did not pay this months mortgage because apparently someone is taking my payments and putting them somewhere other than towrds my mortgage.

1. Theodore W. Robinson

Answered . You should consult with an attorney and have him/her do the math with you and make contact with the mgte company and determine if your concerns are real or not. If they are, then report the matter to the banking commission in your state or the FBI and let them investigate.