How do I prepare a witness affidavit/deposition for an uncontested divorce?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Colonial Heights, VA

My husband and I have been physically separated for more than 12 months. I filed for an uncontested divorce but the court is requiring a witness to corroborate the alleged facts. I don't know how this is done but don't want to go through an attorney if I can prepare the form myself (or the witness). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1. Corry Nicole Smith

1

Answered . If your Complaint satisfies the requirements under Virginia law, you MAY be able to turn your Complaint into questions and have your witness anwer yes/no.

My answer is general in nature, please do not rely on it as your sole resource for this very important issue.
  2. David Alexander Browde

Pro

2

Answered . You're discovering the perilous process of pro se litigation. The cost of a consultation with a local attorney will likely be relatively small.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Definitely hire a local attorney. Hard to teach law in a shirt time. It is a worthwhile investment to speak to an attorney.