Skip to main content

How do I plea to a domestic battery 3rd degree charge?

Prairie Grove, AR |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I have had a couple speeding tickets but never anything this serious. I had drank too much one night and my husband and his friends were trying to get me into the car and I just wanted to walk to a friends house nearby. While my husband was trying to shove me in the car I bit him so he would let go. which he did. He finally let me walk to my friends. I never made it because someone saw me walking in cold weather at night with no jacket and called the police. After I had told them what happen they arrested me for biting him. I have no idea what to expect or what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Attorney Answers 2


Initially, you should plead "not guilty" and then talk with a local attorney. That attorney will fully analyze your case, investigate, negotiate with the prosecutor and advise you about the best course of action.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You need to be very careful before you plead guilty to a Domestic Battery charge. Even though it is only a misdemeanor, it carries very serious consequences. For example, under Federal law, you can never own or be in possession of a firearm if you plead or are found guilty of this charge.

As the other attorney said, you need to speak to a good criminal attorney. If you need a recommendation for an attorney in NW Arkansas, give me a call. I previously practiced in that area and can give you some names.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics