How do I persue the issue of just compensation for violations of my ex post facto and due process rights?

Asked almost 2 years ago - North Little Rock, AR

The US Parole Commission has admitted to violating the above mentioned rights but mooted the issuse by releasing me from prison...yet said violations caused me to serve in excess of 12 years additional incarceration in max security federal institutions, is there a means whereby I can be compensated monetarily for this injury?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. James S. Lawrence


    Contributor Level 15


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You have not given enough information for me to express an opinion as to whether you have a good chance of succeeding on your claim. The US Government allows lawsuits under 42 USC sec 1983 to sue for damages for illegal and unconstitutional practices that violate your civil rights. Unfortunately, the US Government also asserts "sovereign immunity" in many cases, that could keep them from having to pay. You need to consult with an attorney who handles civil rights cases in your state, to maximize your chances of success.

    Contact me at 248-399-6930 for a free consultation. You and I do not have an attorney-client relationship formed... more
  2. Timothy A. Provis

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Dear ?,

    You get an attorney with experience in civil rights cases. Your can find such counsel right here on Avvo.

    Yours sincerely,
    Tim Provis
    Cal. Bar No.104800
    Wis. Bar No. 1020123
    Member: U.S. Supreme Court Bar

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now