How do I partition the courts for a receiver on my business with a partner without paying for a lawyer

Asked over 1 year ago - Cape Coral, FL

Partner and I split up he wants business without buying me out. He wont supply financial documents for taxes ect. I want to partition the courts for a reciever

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Robert John Murillo

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I assume you meant to write "petition" and not partition (partition is a separate remedy from a receiver).

    If you don't want to pay a lawyer, then you need to review your state statutes, review your rules of procedure, draft the complaint, serve the complaint and summons and follow all the rules of procedure and evidence to the letter.So go to a local law library and start reading. Also go to for general resources. Good luck.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not... more
  2. Tron Michael Ross

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . "Petition"

Related Topics

Small business partnerships

A business partnership is an arrangement whereby parties enter an agreement to cooperate for their mutual benefit.


Business law covers topics such as business structures, common documents, business taxes and finances, insurance, real estate, and government regulations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,105 answers this week

3,229 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,105 answers this week

3,229 attorneys answering