How do I obtain PR based on given status

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I am in US on H1B work visa.
I wished obtain a green card/PR asap keeping in mind that my parents who are settled in US for 11 years now are US citizens currently.
Also I am married and here with my family.

Please help!

Attorney answers (4)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . To get permanent residence, you must have a qualifying family based or employment based petitioner.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Stephen D. Berman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your parents can file for you and your employer can file for you. If and when the visa is available you can file for adjustment of status.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  3. Cynthia Beth Rosenberg

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You may have several options, employment or family and need review of all options . For example, a qualified immigration lawyer may ask when your parents naturalized and how old you were at the time,. Is your wife a US citizen? This may be another option. Get a full evaluation

    Under the guidelines set by AVVO, this response is general information only and not specific legal advice, and no... more
  4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Though employment based may not be an option now, if you want PR, you will keep looking as this is a viable option. As you are aware, family based may take a while. Also consult with a competent immigration attorney for other options - DV lottery, investor, etc.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,513 answers this week

3,003 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,513 answers this week

3,003 attorneys answering