How do I obtain PR based on given status

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I am in US on H1B work visa.
I wished obtain a green card/PR asap keeping in mind that my parents who are settled in US for 11 years now are US citizens currently.
Also I am married and here with my family.

Please help!

1. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . To get permanent residence, you must have a qualifying family based or employment based petitioner.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

2. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . Your parents can file for you and your employer can file for you. If and when the visa is available you can file for adjustment of status.

3. Cynthia Beth Rosenberg

1

Answered . You may have several options, employment or family and need review of all options . For example, a qualified immigration lawyer may ask when your parents naturalized and how old you were at the time,. Is your wife a US citizen? This may be another option. Get a full evaluation

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Answered . Though employment based may not be an option now, if you want PR, you will keep looking as this is a viable option. As you are aware, family based may take a while. Also consult with a competent immigration attorney for other options - DV lottery, investor, etc.