How do I obtain PR based on given status

Houston, TX |

I am in US on H1B work visa.
I wished obtain a green card/PR asap keeping in mind that my parents who are settled in US for 11 years now are US citizens currently.
Also I am married and here with my family.

Please help!

To get permanent residence, you must have a qualifying family based or employment based petitioner.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Thanks! F3 category in my case being married would have a very long wait time(my H1B would not extend till then). Also employment based sponsorship is not an option for now..

Your parents can file for you and your employer can file for you. If and when the visa is available you can file for adjustment of status.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Perhaps the new law will make the visa available.

You may have several options, employment or family and need review of all options . For example, a qualified immigration lawyer may ask when your parents naturalized and how old you were at the time,. Is your wife a US citizen? This may be another option. Get a full evaluation

Under the guidelines set by AVVO, this response is general information only and not specific legal advice, and no attorney client relationship is formed by this response to your question.

Thanks! I am not married to US citizen or GC holder. F3 category in my case being married would have a very long wait time(my H1B would not extend till then). Also employment based sponsorship is not an option for now..

Though employment based may not be an option now, if you want PR, you will keep looking as this is a viable option. As you are aware, family based may take a while. Also consult with a competent immigration attorney for other options - DV lottery, investor, etc.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Recommended articles about Immigration