How do i obtain my USA citizenship though my father ..

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

Hello , So i been in the USA since 1995 coming form Jamaica, my father receive his citizenship in 1998. I heard that i obtain Citizenship though him. I'm now 22 years old and i try to get my Us passport but i got dined ... i was told that i would has to file the N-600 form.. My question was why did i get dined for my passport and would i get dined with N-600 form

I receive my permanent in 03/96 so i was still under 18 ... I was a permanent resident even before my dad receive his citizenship.

1. Adam Michael Solow

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. In addition to arriving in the US as an LPR before you were 18, you need to also prove that your were in the legal and physical custody of your father. You should contact an attorney because this is a complex area of the law

2. Lalita Haran

1

Answered . Acquired citizenship rules are complex so please consult with an experienced attorney who could advice you whether you would succeed or not in this. Take the documentation about your father's citizenship and your birth, his marriage certificate to start with. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel IN, 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Answered . Were you a permanent resident before your 18th birthday? If you meet with an attorney they can help you to figure out exactly what should be your next step.

One or more answers have been taken down.