How do I obtain an "Order to Vacate"?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Elgin, IL

My husband and I divorced in 1996 and then remarried each other in 2006.
We were told by the pension board that we need an "order to vacate" to reverse the way my husband's pension was to be dispersed when the time arrived.
The time is now upon us but we do not know who to contact to get this done.
Can someone please help us ??
We were in Cook County when we divorced but now we live in Kane County

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Petition the court where you were divorced to issue an order to vacate. If you do not know how, (it is procedurally complicated) just hire a lawyer. Good luck.

2. David Matthew Gotzh

Pro

Answered . Agreed. You can do this through Kane County, but it'll be faster to just motion the issue up in Cook and get the order entered.

3. Nicholas Paul Baker

Answered . I would not attempt this by yourself. Contact either a Kane County attorney or a Cook County attorney to help you out with this. Search Avvo for someone to help.

4. J. Richard Kulerski

Answered . Hire a divorce lawyer to be sure it is done properly. You have a lot at stake.

5. Stephen Samuel Messutta

Answered . Either of the attorneys who represented you then should be able to help now or you can choose new counsel. The work needs to be performed in Cook where the judgment and marital settlement were entered.