How do I obtain a work permit for chiild support revocation?

My child support case has gone round and round over and over again. The state doesnt seem to care. In their eyes they just want their money. My license was suspended. However, If I cant get back and forth to work nobody is getting anything. How do I go about a work permit for this? All the information I can find for this is DWI related.

Princeton, MN -

Christian Ryan Peterson

Christian Ryan Peterson

Family Law Attorney - Anoka, MN

In order to get your license valid you will have to enter into a payment agreement with child support enforcement. There is no work permit for a child support suspension.

Dana Carrie Rindahl

Dana Carrie Rindahl

Family Law Attorney - Minneapolis, MN

Unfortunately for you, there is no temporary license for suspension due to nonpayment of child support. Do you have an attorney fighting for you in your child support case? Often it is difficult to negotiate with Child Support Officers by yourself. Sometimes having an attorney do the negotiating for you helps speed up the process. Once you come to an arrangement and begin making payments, you can petition to get the suspension removed.

Michael J Corbin

Michael J Corbin

Family Law Attorney - Faribault, MN

The short answer is that there is no support-related work permit. Unless you come to a payment agreement with the county workers, and they report same to DPS, you aren't getting your license reinstated.

Related Advice