Skip to main content

How do I obtain a work permit for chiild support revocation?

Princeton, MN |

My child support case has gone round and round over and over again. The state doesnt seem to care. In their eyes they just want their money. My license was suspended. However, If I cant get back and forth to work nobody is getting anything. How do I go about a work permit for this? All the information I can find for this is DWI related.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. In order to get your license valid you will have to enter into a payment agreement with child support enforcement. There is no work permit for a child support suspension.

  2. Unfortunately for you, there is no temporary license for suspension due to nonpayment of child support. Do you have an attorney fighting for you in your child support case? Often it is difficult to negotiate with Child Support Officers by yourself. Sometimes having an attorney do the negotiating for you helps speed up the process. Once you come to an arrangement and begin making payments, you can petition to get the suspension removed.

  3. The short answer is that there is no support-related work permit. Unless you come to a payment agreement with the county workers, and they report same to DPS, you aren't getting your license reinstated.

    We can be reached at 507.334.0155. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics