How do I need if my wife submit a request to withdraw her immigration petition?

Austin, TX |

in the interview the officer approved my green card and stamp my passport, my wife was with me in the interview. is it possible that my wife sent a request to withdraw the petition before the interview and the officer approved my petition in error?

is that possible?

1. Anything is possible.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Yes, I have seen that before.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

3. Perhaps.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

4. It is possible but unlikely.

Husna Alikhan, Esq., www.alikhanlaw.com TEL: 702-374-6619. Nothing in this response to your posting on AVVO is intended or should be considered as legal advice to your specific situation. Our posting is intended to provide general information of interest to the public. Facts relevant to your situation and not disclosed in your posting may affect your specific legal rights and remedies.

5. File a FOIA and you might learn what happened.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Marriage and prenups topics