Skip to main content

How do i move my child support case from one Cobb superior court judge to another Cobb superior judge

Marietta, GA |

I currently have a case through Child support services of Cobb county. I have had major trouble with them getting information incorrect, messing up payments, and there are always problems with their systems and sites being down. My child's father also has a closed case for legitimation and visitation in Cobb under another judge. My last lawyer was suppose to have the support order moved so that everything would be handled under the same judge; but that attorney did not follow through with that or the motion to set aside dismissal for a paternity case that was avoided by the father in Cherokee county. I am losing sleep and money and can't seem to get legal aid to help.

Attorney Answers 1


If there are two pending cases in Cobb County, involving the same parties and similar facts (i.e. child support) an attorney would be able to file a Motion to Consolidate. Now, such a motion would only be filed if it was deemed to be in the best interest of their respective client.

Please give us a call if we can be of assistance.

Andrew F. Wehunt
Meyers & Meyers, P.C.
181 Lee Street
Canton, Ga 30114
(770) 479-5257

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics