How do I modify a a child support order from Ohio when I am a Florida resident?

Saint Petersburg, FL |

My exfiance moved to Ohio and now lives there with my son. I was just ordered to pay child support which I am more than willing to do. However, the amount is much more than I expected or can afford to pay, and visitation and dependency status are not addressed at all. Can all this be combined into one motion and do I hire a Fla attorney to do this? What would be an estimated cost (ballpark figure only)?

Is this a DOR case?

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272 familylawyer411.com/about-carin https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Law-Offices-of-Carin-M-Constantine/125967577416313 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carin-constantine/b/861/445

Is the actual court order from Ohio? Is Florida Department of Revenue involved? More information is needed. Contact an attorney in your area directly to discuss further. Many great attorneys can be found by searching right here on Avvo and many will offer free consultations to point you in the right direction.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

If OH is the originating state of the order you have to file your petitions with the court in OH not FL.

Child support topics