How do I modify a a child support order from Ohio when I am a Florida resident?

Asked 12 months ago - Saint Petersburg, FL

My exfiance moved to Ohio and now lives there with my son. I was just ordered to pay child support which I am more than willing to do. However, the amount is much more than I expected or can afford to pay, and visitation and dependency status are not addressed at all. Can all this be combined into one motion and do I hire a Fla attorney to do this? What would be an estimated cost (ballpark figure only)?

1. Carin Manders Constantine

2

Answered . Is this a DOR case?

2. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

2

Answered . Is the actual court order from Ohio? Is Florida Department of Revenue involved? More information is needed. Contact an attorney in your area directly to discuss further. Many great attorneys can be found by searching right here on Avvo and many will offer free consultations to point you in the right direction.

3. John Arthur Smitten

2

Answered . If OH is the originating state of the order you have to file your petitions with the court in OH not FL.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now