How do I make temporary custody orders permanent?

Sacramento, CA |

The judge ordered temporary orders pending a second mediation(ex complains against the first one). The permanent orders were given off the fact that I am currently unemployed, and my ex is employed so I was given Half the time they would be in day care (6 hours) through the week and the other half to find employment. plus my order with my 3 year old stayed the same. So I have been getting my 4 month old Mon-Fri 12-6pm and my 3 year old Mon-Fri 12-6pm, plus every other weekend and wed overnight. Would this be reasonable to ask for this parenting plan to become permanent until I am employed?? Or maybe I ask for this minus the weekly overnight....? My ex is wanting to take away my weekends with my eldest.....

Temporary orders become permanent orders in one of 3 ways:
1. Default Judgment (does not sound likely as it sounds like both of you have appeared in court)
2. Stipulated Judgment (a judgment that both of you agree to)
3. Trial, and the Judge makes the order.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody