How do I make payment arrangements to avoid License Suspension?

Humble, TX |

I was driving a relative's vehicle and not knowing that it had no insurance, I got into a minor accident. The vehicle that i hit was insured but mine wasn't so I got a letter sent explaining that my license will be suspended due to for not paying for the damages the insurance company covered. I called the insurance company and asked for a payment plan so I can avoid my license being suspended. They told me that I have to pay either half of the amount or full payment. Which is way more than I can afford. Who can I speak to or what do I do to get this problem resolved without my license suspended? Any help would be appreciated.

Have a local lawyer try to negotiate a payment plan. You can find one in your city by using Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

If you had your own personal policy, it may cover you when driving someone else's vehicle. If not, contact a lawyer to help you out locally.

Randy Sevenish is licensed to practice law in the State of Indiana. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. Please speak with a local attorney to discuss your potential legal issue.

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

Absolutely correct Randall. This is good advice. You may be covered under your own policy or your parent's policy or another family member. I would be happy to point you in the right direction if you want to send me an email.

Hire an attorney to negotiate a payment plan for you. Payment plans are usually awarded as not many people have lump sums in reserve for these situations.

Traffic tickets topics