Skip to main content

How do I make a claim for emotional abuse or distress?

Henderson, NV |

I feel like I'm falling apart again, and its a game for him. It's not about wanting monetary compensation, its about him taking responsibility for his actions.

Attorney Answers 2


Abuse claims without physical signs are difficult to pursue civilly through the family courts. Abuse without physical contact is not a crime. These types of claims are very difficult to prove in family court.

Mark as helpful


Assuming that this comes from a domestic situation (marriage, other romantic involvement, family, etc.), it may be possible to get a restraining order to keep him away. This isn't a claim, but if the concern is about the effect upon you, this is an option.

If it's about him learning, though, and he's already an ex, don't invest any more time in it.

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics