How do I make a claim for emotional abuse or distress?

Henderson, NV |

I feel like I'm falling apart again, and its a game for him. It's not about wanting monetary compensation, its about him taking responsibility for his actions.

1. Your question is not very clear. But, if you are or were in relationship with someone, and that is ending, you cannot normally bring a legal case for emotional distress. There is such a cause of action for intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, normally related to a "tort" and another bad action that happens - but this does not arise from a relationship gone wrong. That said, if someone harmed you physically, it is possible to make this claim as part of a lawsuit following getting physically harmed from someone. What I hear in this case, however, is that you may need to get a protective order to keep the abusive person away from you because you are reasonably in fear due to mental game playing and/or threats. If that is the case, get in touch with the Clark County District Court, check the website for TPO's - there is a lot of good information online about what you can do about this in Clark County.

2. You cannot make a person take responsibility for their actions; you cannot change another's behavior. All you can do is control your own actions. You, nor anyone, should accept being abused, physically or emotionally. If married, file for divorce; if not married, leave.