How do I locate a non-custodial to file an adandement warrant?

Asked over 2 years ago - Decatur, GA

My daughters father has been out of her life for the last three yrs and has not made any payments since Jan 2012. The Child Support enforcement of Ga has not enforced any action on my case. I would like to file an adandement warrant but I am unable to locate the NCP and of course Child Support Enforcement will not provide me with his address. What are my options?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Rachel Aliza Elovitz

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Even if you locate him, if an abandonment warrant causes him to be incarcerated and lose his job, then it will impede his ability to pay support for your child. If DHS is not pursuing your case, perhaps they are unable to locate him. The US Dept of Health and Human Services, Office of Children and Families, has a Chapter on the location of non-custodial parents: Additionally...

    You may want to inquire of the Division of Child Support Services as to whether they have searched for the NCP through the Department of Labor and Employment, the Division of Motor Vehicles, the local telephone company, the U.S. Postal Service, Unions, Probation or Parole records, Public Assistance Records, Internet sites, relatives, and the like. I am unaware of the scope of their authority, but believe they have the ability to search for the NCP through these means. You should make an inquiry of DHS, the Dept of Child Support Services, however.

    Best of luck.

    This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as nor does it constitute legal advice.... more
  2. Glen Edward Ashman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Rachel gave a perfect answer.

    Let me add one thing. Search online. Start with Facebook and look for both him and his family.

    There are paid people searches online. Intellius often works well and if you do only the address search, the most you will spend is less than $10. I would not spend more than that.

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to... more

Related Topics

Mother's rights in child custody

Mother's rights covers the parental rights of the mother. These rights primarily relate to child custody, visitation, and child support.

Wendy J. Norman

Mothers’ Rights

A mother has certain legal rights pertaining to her children. When a mother needs legal assistance with child custody, support, visitation or paternity, a family law attorney can advise her... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,228 answers this week

2,221 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,228 answers this week

2,221 attorneys answering