How do I locate a non-custodial to file an adandement warrant?

Asked over 2 years ago - Decatur, GA

My daughters father has been out of her life for the last three yrs and has not made any payments since Jan 2012. The Child Support enforcement of Ga has not enforced any action on my case. I would like to file an adandement warrant but I am unable to locate the NCP and of course Child Support Enforcement will not provide me with his address. What are my options?

1. Rachel Aliza Elovitz

5

Answered . Even if you locate him, if an abandonment warrant causes him to be incarcerated and lose his job, then it will impede his ability to pay support for your child. If DHS is not pursuing your case, perhaps they are unable to locate him. The US Dept of Health and Human Services, Office of Children and Families, has a Chapter on the location of non-custodial parents: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cse/pubs/2002/r.... Additionally...

You may want to inquire of the Division of Child Support Services as to whether they have searched for the NCP through the Department of Labor and Employment, the Division of Motor Vehicles, the local telephone company, the U.S. Postal Service, Unions, Probation or Parole records, Public Assistance Records, Internet sites, relatives, and the like. I am unaware of the scope of their authority, but believe they have the ability to search for the NCP through these means. You should make an inquiry of DHS, the Dept of Child Support Services, however.

Best of luck.

2. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

2

Answered . Rachel gave a perfect answer.

Let me add one thing. Search online. Start with Facebook and look for both him and his family.

There are paid people searches online. Intellius often works well and if you do only the address search, the most you will spend is less than $10. I would not spend more than that.