How do I know whether an employment lawyer is a good one?

Rock Hill, SC |
Filed under: Employment

I'm considering consulting an employment attorney, and would like to know what I should look for to know they're a good one.

.

1. There are many, many considerations. Years in practice, years in practice in employment law, experience with your type of case, staff support, location, reputation, record of discipline, time available, interest in your case, rapport, law school, employment history, your gut feeling, and more.

*** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***