How do I know when it is right time for me to fire and hire a new person to serve me in family law??

Asked over 1 year ago - Tyler, TX

I don't feel my atty has my best interests at heart, although he says he does. He files a motion that I did not ask for and states in said motion that I did ask him to do so. He does not seem sensitive or receptive to my hearing loss or how my mental illness affects my case. He never has the answers I need like when I ask if we can find a neutral place for visitation pick up/drop offs, for example. I am torn, cuz I paid him a great deal. I expected and hoped for good.

1. Lee Keller King

1

Best Answer

Answered . As Mr. Moore says, if you are dissatisfied without your attorney, it may be time to get a new one.

Note that any funds you paid, which your attorney has not earned, should be returned to you. Many attorneys incorrectly believe that they can quote a fee as a "flat rate" and that once paid, all of the money belongs to them. That is not the law in Texas and all fees must be earned before they become the property of the attorney.

2. William Tyler Moore Jr

Pro

Answered . If you are dissatisfied with your lawyer, then it's time to get a new one.